You might be lucky enough to be visiting the fantastic Bluestone Wales this year, I am a #BluestoneBlogger and have visited twice this year. I get asked a lot of questions by people due to visit, so thought I would pop the answers in this post! You can find out all about the park, accommodation, activities, eating in the park etc on the website. These are other questions that I am often asked. Please tweet me @IcklePicklex if you have any more questions. Enjoy your stay in beautiful Pembrokeshire – I am proud to call it home
What is handy to know…
Carmarthen is a 35-40 minute drive away.
Narberth is 10-15 minute drive away.
Pembroke Dock is 25 minute drive away.
Haverfordwest is about a 20 minute drive away.
Tenby is roughly a 30 minute drive away.
Saundersfoot is a 20-25 minute drive away.
1. The nearest beach is Saundersfoot or Tenby. Tenby has several beaches and is a beautiful town, but has no wet weather facilities. Nor does Saundersfoot.
2. The nearest supermarket is Haverfordwest – Tesco, Morrisons, Aldi and Lidl. There is a small one at Bluestone, but the choice is limited.
3. Entry to your accommodation is 4.30pm not a second before can you get through the barrier! You can arrive earlier – head to the Adventure Centre if you do for drinks, snacks and a fab play area.
5. Oakwood Theme Park is literally just down the road.
6. Nearest train station is Haverfordwest or Narberth.
8. Nearest cinema is The Palace Cinema in Haverfordwest.
9. Nearest shopping centre is Haverfordwest. It is smaller than Carmarthen but is a really pretty town, along the riverside.
10. If driving through Carmarthen, do a food shop in the Tesco Extra, or Morrisons – both avoid you driving into the town centre.
11. The nearest takeaway Indian and Chinese are in Haverfordwest or Narberth. They are offered at Bluestone from the pub, but we have never tried them, and have read mixed reviews.
Pembrokeshire has no…
Harvester or Beefeater pubs
One Sainsburys in Tenby
One M&S in Haverfordwest
Just in case you are wondering!
I hope you find this post helpful.
I am having some problems adding links to my other blog pages at the moment, if you search Bluestone in the search box on the right, or click on Pembrokeshire, then Bluestone Wales at the top of the page, you will see my other Bluestone Wales posts
Linking up to #TheList with Aby over at You Baby Me Mummy.