A new Royal Baby is due very soon – a new little Prince or Princess, a brother or sister for Prince George. Although they are very special, in most ways they are just the same as you and me.
For example, did you know that Prince George left hospital in a Britax Baby Safe Infant Carrier?
It is very exciting, but it can be scary too – introducing your other child(ren) to the new baby, no matter what family you belong too!
Inspired by Britax asking their Facebook readers for their tips when there is a new baby arriving, I have some of my tips to share with you …
1. Tell your other child(ren) about the new baby when it feels right for you. Mummy has always told the others early on in her pregnancies, and shared the scan photos, and showed them her bump as it grows. With me, the others were so much older (9, 12 and 15 when Mummy found out she was pregnant) so she told them at the beginning, so that could understand when Mummy got really tired – and help her too.
2. When the baby arrives, let the other children choose a present for the new baby. I had teddies from my bro and sisters.
3. Choose a special gift for the other children from the new baby, and tell them who it is from. Mummy can’t remember what she got them from me! (Baby brain!)
4. Let each child hold the new baby – with your help, if needed, of course.
5. In the first few weeks, find a little time for just you and your eldest child(ren) even if just to read them a story, or have a cuddle.
6. Let the others help in whatever way they can – make them a special part of settling in the new baby.
Have you any tips for welcoming a new baby?